Sunday, December 19, 2010

Legos -the best toy in the universe-

A few years ago Santa brought the boys a butt load of Legos.  We've since added lots of Lego sets to our collection.  Sometimes they'll go a few weeks without playing with them so I'll think maybe they are growing out of it, but then all of a sudden they are playing with them 24/7 again.  I'm so glad I had my boys so close.  Sometimes I look at families that have their kids spaced out with 5 yrs. between each child & it looks a lot more organized & I wonder if I did it all wrong.  I don't feel like they have the messes I have but it's nice to have Caleb & Camden playing Legos together.  They would all be so bored without each other.  I'm not the best mom when it comes to watching cartoons with my kids or playing toys with them.  I love to cook & read with them so I'm not horrible but at least they have each other to hang out with.  I never feel like I'm neglecting them when I spend the day cleaning because they have each other to hang out with. 

3 comments:

Marci said...

Your boys are BEST friends. Which is so great. Your house is always the fun house because there is so much going on. And when they come to my house it is the fun house here. They bring the fun with them! You are an amazing mom! And I wish I would have done the lego thing with my kids. Genius!

Jen said...

Gosh. Thx Marci for the kind words. Your house is better than Disneyland!

Seneca said...

Legos are the best thing ever! My kids will create a whole town and be in the playroom all day! Its quiet and wonderful, UNTIL the baby wakes up and opens the door. The chaos begins! Kids screaming to get him out. Stat usually goes in there an distroys everything. As long as I can keep him out were are good!