Keaton & Kody were so happy to be making Christmas cupcakes with me while we listened to Christmas music.
They wanted me to take more pictures of their sillyness.
I have loved this holiday season. Thanks to some early planning & help from the most amazing Grandmas on the planet I have managed to enjoy nearly every minute of December. This blog is mostly for the good memories w/ an occasional dose of me bitching about something. Weird that I can't seem to find my camera to document the moments where the house is a disaster & I'm having nag fest. So Jason's mom (referred to as Grandma Dianne) stayed at our house during the first weekend of December so Jason and I could get ALL the Christmas shopping done in one day. I've been able to spend my spare time hanging out with my boys, instead of spending it running to the store for Christmas shopping. We've made gingerbread men, cookies, salt dough ornaments, Christmas cupcakes, played w/ friends, played at the zoo, played at Discover Gateway, drove around & ranked houses on how well they decorated, delivered around 25 neighbor gifts (just salt water taffy in a Christmas bag) & lots more FUN stuff. For the most part (remember I don't report my whining or nagging) the boys have enjoyed a nice Christmas time mom instead of the one they've seen in years past. This is also due to a new tradition that was made this year to wrap all the presents in one night. Me, Marci & my mom met at my mom's house for a night of wrapping. It only took us 6 hours to get it all done. We did take a break to eat some Chinese takeout. My mom even started our wrapping party out by giving us a gift. It was giant scissors with tape on the end. What a great invention. I always lose the tape when I'm wrapping so this was delightful:). My mom (mostly referred to as Grammy) didn't even wrap her presents she just helped us with ours. So a million THANK YOUS go out to Grandma Dianne & Grammy for making my holiday stress free, hence making me a good mommy with no guilt about ignoring my kids while I stress. Thanks to my parents I always remember Christmas as an enjoyable experience & I want the same memories for my kids. So Merry Christmas to all & to all a good night.




2 comments:
Cute pics of your boys! So glad you are having a stress free holiday and that you have such a fab mom and mom in law!
I am so jealous that you have created such great memories with your boys. I am feeling like a crappy mom, for sure. I am impressed that you have been able to let go of the Christmas chaos . . . and embrace all the fun memory making stuff! I wish YOU were the older sister so I could learn from your example. Well, I guess I still can. Ok. Today I vow to be a nice mom and let my kids make cupcakes if they want!
Post a Comment