Camden broke his finger today & will get his permanent cast in a few days. He wants a glow in the dark one. I've watched this kid fall hard off his bike, fall out of trees & get in some crazy fights with Caleb where I definitely would have thought he'd break something. Today all he did was hit Caleb's boney shoulder (Caleb claims he flexed his shoulder & has a special bone that pokes out as his weapon) with the side of his hand. It quickly started to swell up & look bruised. I called Dr. Marci & Dr. Robb for an opinion on what to do. Then Jason got home & we called Dr. Potter (great doctor) to see where we should take him. Jason took him to insta care & he said that when the doctor came in & said it was broken that Camden couldn't help but smile:). He's loving this and said "I bet I'm going to get so much attention for this tomorrow & I'm gonna love it". I can't believe this is the first broken bone our kids have had. It really wasn't as traumatic as I would have thought. At least I didn't have to see a bone sticking out & I'm glad Jason was the one to take him to insta care!
Of course you must salute when you have a cast on. It's a good thing he hurt his right hand since he's left handed.


2 comments:
That is so funny that he loves that he broke his finger! Also, i love Caleb's shoulder weapon. Hope Cam enjoys wearing a cast for 6 weeks!
Cam just makes me laugh! That picture of him is classic. What a great story you will all tell for years to come about when Cam broke his finger hitting Caleb. I hope we all gave him enough attention. I really do think it makes him look even cooler and tougher. And he is already dang cool and dang tough.
Post a Comment