Monday, May 2, 2011

Keaton runaway part 2 & some very random ramblings

I had to sneak these pictures of Jason having a little chat with Keaton after the whole runaway situation.  It actually took Keaton a few days to really understand how naughty it was.  It's a Keaton story that will go down in history & I'm sure will be told over & over.  Today he helped me make a double batch of chocolate chip cookies to take a plate to several neighbors that helped search for him.  Everyone was really sweet.  He colored a picture for them & said, "sorry for running away & thanks for helping look for me".  After the last plate was delivered he looked at me all puppy eyed & said, "so are you gonna like me again?".  This kid really knows how to work me.  I don't think he really thought I didn't like him, but he knows that saying something like that will pull at my heartstrings.
Today I took Keaton & Kody, along w/ the kids I babysit, Eli & Ellee to the zoo.  It was a beautiful spring day & I had to get out of the house because I got a house cleaner for my birthday & didn't want to be here while they were cleaning.  Woowee it was a beautiful thing to come home from pulling heavy kids in a wagon at the zoo to a clean house!  Sometimes my house can get so out of control & it needs someone else coming in to put it all back together again.  We were at that place where nobody could find matching shoes & things seemed to vanish.  Actually my Ipad disappeared!  I let Ellee play with it last week & then they all started to fight over it so I took it away & put it in a safe place.  Now it's GONE.  I swear it's really vanished from this house forever.  I can't figure it out.  I'm trying not to think about it because it's making me crazy!
Jason is dreaming of living on a farm again. Every once in a while I'll find him looking at houses in small towns.  He starts saying the same things he always says when he's in the mood to move to a small town like, "who needs food storage when you've got a couple of cows" & "Imagine how much fun the kids would have selling the meat or veggies from their farm".  I'm not making fun of him because it is a beautiful dream.  The only problem with his dream is that he's more interested in the land & not the house.  He'll show me some horrendous little manufactured home that's on a billion acres.  My dream includes a little bit of a nicer house.  I do have my days though where I think it would be a fun adventure to live in a tiny little place.
Keaton & Kody are little tornado's running through the house!  It looks like it's that time of year again for "mom school".  Caleb & Camden have been through many lessons & have perfected the art of cleaning the toilet & doing laundry (although we are NOT consistent).  They were talking the other day about wanting to do the cleaning pictures again.  We stage pictures of them doing various chores & they get to pick a few pictures out of their box to do.  They are old enough now to just have it written down but I'm going to do the pictures again because they think it's fun.
See I told ya this was a random post.  I'm so sorry if you read this post thinking it would be something interesting & you ended up completely bored.  

1 comment:

Suzi said...

I am so bored now, thanks!! :)
I love your ramblings, they are very entertaining! That is cute what Keaton said to you after delivering the cookies. also, how nice to have your house cleaned!! That is so funny that Jason wants to live on a farm, i guess we will see what the future will bring. Chuck and i may be living in a trailer park soon, who knows! :)