Sunday, May 29, 2011

Campin' & fishin' pictures galore!

Jason takes the boys camping all the time & he takes pictures with his phone but I never end up getting them transferred over to blog.  I had to go on this trip just so we could record some memories.  Camden requested this trip for his birthday.  He also got a bb gun, bike & clothes.  Tanner & Collin were our special guests.  I can't deny that it took me a few hours to feel the spirit of camping.  I really love camping but it was so windy & dusty.  Jason didn't put the rain cover on the tent because they wanted to see the stars but holy cow when the boys woke up they were completely covered in sand.  YUCK.  Luckily Jason took the seats out of my van & we slept in there.  I can't wait to get in my big comfy bed tonight.  We really need to buy a camping trailer one day.

We were lucky to have my Uncle Bruce & Aunt Marla visit our camp.  Kody decided that he didn't want them to leave & even cried when they left! 

Is it weird that my 5 year old learned how to shoot an arrow before me?  Jason seriously had to give me a lesson.  It's not as easy as one my think!  Keaton has a really good aim!

I took this to show how tired even a dog can look when camping.

You can't see it in this picture but they were making a mud house for the toads.

I realize I'm never in pictures so I had to ask Jason to get me in some.  My friend Kerri's sister Lacie passed away a few months ago & I noticed how many pictures she had of her with her kids.  It made me realize that I need to hand off the camera once in awhile so I can be in a picture.



This really shows how DIRTY we got!  It makes me happy to see my boys so comfortable & happy camping.  Even Keaton knows how to cast a fishing pole. 

Special guest Tanner always makes everything so much more fun!  He taught the boys how to make fireballs with a paper towel & hand sanitizer.  Keaton LOVES Tanner!

Can you tell that we love our dog?!

I caught Jason drinking out of the container.  It's a little BIG.  I was hoping I'd catch it all falling on his face but he was extra careful.



Camden made these hooks.

Kody was the first one to catch a fish.  He caught it all by himself with his Spiderman fishing pole.  He was so happy to see that it had green on it.


What's Jason doing on that rock?:)!  Seriously why is he standing on a rock to do it?  Camping in the woods in so much easier for boys.  I have to go find my dang hiding spot to do my thing.

Cam grew hair horns in the night.  His hair has a way of doing weird things.

Can you tell that we didn't sleep very good?  Poor Collin & Lady weren't quite ready to wake up.


The boys hanging out with Uncle Bruce & showing him their toads.


People tell me these two look alike all the time.  I can totally see it in this picture.  Their faces look identical.

I remember the good ol' days when it wasn't a big deal to ride without a seat belt in the back of my dad's truck.  Now days it's a special treat for the kids to ride back there & we can only do it when we're camping.

No comments: