Saturday, July 30, 2011
Random Happenings of the scattered week of Summer FUN....
Last weekend Grandma Dianne had us all over for a 24th of July BBQ. She always plans fun games. She even had a swimming pool full of fish for the kids to catch. I sat out during the games due to my lovely monthly visitor! That stupid visitor makes my life hell. I know I'm not alone so I'll stop my complaining about it now! I even did a post titled SCREW IT when my visitor was here, but lucky for you I didn't publish it. Anyway, after the party I brought Ben, Sam & Tim (Jason's brother's kids) to our house to sleep over on Saturday & Sunday night. I had lots of things I wanted to do while they were here but they shot me right on down every single time I wanted to go play. Ben even said, "I just feel like if we go somewhere my time here will go too fast". How sweet that he likes hanging out at our house! He told me that he never wants us to move because he really likes it here. They are all great kids & pretty much just played in the yard the whole time. I loved having them but I did gain a new appreciation for women that have lots of kids & make it look easy! WOW it's a lot of work. I felt like I was getting them all drinks & food 24/7. I can only do that for a few days before I need to just lay in my bed and watch some reality TV. On Tuesday I went to Cherry Hill with my Aunts & cousins & all of our kids. I have a great family & it's always fun to spend time with them. I wasn't sure I wanted to spend $65 to go there since we have LagoonAbeach passes, but spending time with family was worth it. On Wednesday we went to LagoonAbeach with my friend Debbie & all of our kids. I love hanging out with them because all of our kids are the same ages & get along great. We stayed until the power went out. We are going to go back again with them next week since Lagoon gave them another day pass since the power cut their trip short! On Thursday I took the boys to Trista's house. She's been there for nearly a year and this was my first time there. Becky, Suzi & Katie were there with their kids & they had lots of fun. Caleb didn't go because he was at a Scout activity. The Bishop's wife is his scout leader & she puts all other Scout leaders to shame! We love her! I'm a Scout leader & I know we are supposed to have Scouts during the summer but I just can't figure out how to fit it in our schedule & it seems that all my boys are also all busy. We'll be better when school starts. Sybil is a great example of how I should be doing it though!! Collin came over for a sleepover on Thursday night. They boys had Friends Camp Friday. It was a Space theme. Collin took Keaton's place & they all had so much FUN!! Keaton didn't go to Friends Camp because him & Kody had a dr appt. to get caught up on immunizations. Kody got a pissy after & ended up with a fever and a sore leg. He fell asleep at 6:00 & didn't wake up until 1am. Jason took the rest of the boys to a BBQ at his Grandma Allen's house in Orem. I stayed home with sick little Kody. Jason came home from the BBQ & packed up the truck for a weekend camping trip. I decided to stay home with Kody so I could get caught up on house work & get us ready for our trip to St. George/ Mesquite. The boys were SO excited to go camping! It's actually pretty crazy to me to see how excited they are to go camping. They bought steel wool & 9 volt batteries to test their fire making skills. Monica & her boyfriend Shreeker (sp?) are going to meet them there. I spent most of my day yesterday making food for their trip. Thanks to Robb for giving me great ideas of what to send them with this time. Just yesterday I made a potato salad, taco salad, breakfast burritos & tin foil dinners for them to take. My kitchen is a mess. Oh & Camden hurt his foot this week. He's always getting hurt because he just doesn't think things through. He was riding on the handle bars of Mason's bike when Mason hit the breaks. Camden flew off & scraped all the skin off his toes. I won't go into details but it was disgusting & made me sick to look at it. I heard him screaming, saw a bike in the road & a car was stopped. I thought the darn kid got himself hit by a car!! So freaking SCARY! I carried him home & made him put a wash rag over his foot until Jason got home to take care of it. I really almost passed out & felt like throwing up. O.K so there is my random ramblings for the week. I doubt I'll be back to blog until after our trip. I'm off to have some one on one time with Kody at the good ol' McDonalds playland.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That was a great randmom catch up post. You are an awesome blogger. I know you are taking a break from facebook, but don't take a break from your blog! If you ever get Alzheimer's, you will feel like you don't have it because you will be able to look back on your blog and remember everything. And yes, that one visitor sure does have a way of ruining things! I had big plans to get a lot of stuff done today, but my visitor really has me feeling crappy.
Wow, you had one busy and adventurous week! Hopefully, i will see you this week before you leave to St. George.
Not having internet for a few weeks made me feel so out of the loop! Glad I could get all caught up! You rock at blogging!! Ü
Post a Comment