Sunday, July 10, 2011

Adventure Trail

Jason took the boys camping over the weekend so they could practice some survival skills they've learned while watching Dual Survival.  Caleb wants to be just like Cody Lundin (the guy on the show).  Cody doesn't wear shoes & Caleb is trying to show off his no shoe skills.  I've warned him that he'll hurt his feet but I guess that's a lesson he'll have to learn on his own when he steps on a prickly.  For Friday's Friend Camp my neighbor Caroline took all the kids for a hike on a trail by our house.  How odd that we've lived here for over four years & I never knew about this trail.   Jason said Caroline must have taught them about drawing pictures of things you see in the wilderness because Keaton kept drawing pictures of all the things they saw camping.  Today we decided to go to Lagoon after church to watch the new Cirque Innosta show but the parking lot & the over flow parking were completely full.  I don't mind a crowd but we can avoid the insanity & go when it's not quite as busy, since we have season passes.  We got home & the boys decided they wanted to take me on the trail that Caroline took them on.  It was all good fun until I about stepped on a big snake! 
Caleb won't admit it but I'm pretty sure he regretted not wearing shoes.


Caleb AKA Cody Lundin

Keaton is going through a phase where he thinks posing like this for every single picture is cute. 

Can you believe this trail is basically just down the street from us & I never knew it was there.  Too bad it's so swampy, or I'd let the kids go play over there with their friends.

Yep it was his idea for me to take this picture of him pointing at his feet so we'll all know that he's tough & isn't wearing shoes.


Again, we have Keaton with his quick pose.

2 comments:

Suzi said...

Keaton's pose is to die for! Love it!! Also, that Caleb is one tough cookie for not wearing shoes. :) cool trail too!

Marci said...

Cool trail! Always something fun going on with The Yancey Fam! And Caleb's feet looked pretty dang sore today . . . basically cracked and almost bleeding. I sure hope he gives up on that idea soon! I felt sorry for his sore little feet!