Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July!!!

 Something crazy has happened with Jason!!!  I don't know what to think about it.  Is it real?  Could this be happening?  I've learned to deal with his "issue" since we got married & now he's changed.  He has started going to places when they are crowded & he doesn't look like he's about to have a panic attack!  I'm loving it!!!  On Sunday (coming OUT that we are those kids of Mormons) we took the boys, Halle, Tanner & Collin to Lagoon-A-Beach.  I thought Sunday would be a slow day to have Jason go with us but I was so wrong.  It was crazy busy!  He didn't complain once & even went down some slides.  We've lived in Kaysville for 4 yrs. now & have never gone to the famous parade, but today we went & he didn't even complain once about it.  He even had FUN!  I'm so proud of the man he's growing up to be:)!  Good job Jason & keep up the good work:)!
We had the Hunt side over for our annual 4th of July BBQ.  I wish I would have taken more pictures.  Grammy & Grandpa drove up that morning from St. George!  Greg & Heather now live in St. George too & drove up!!  Lucky us!

Check out the food.  What's that?  You want to know who made that impressive festive jello?  Ohhh well that was ME.  I'm so impressed with myself.  It doesn't even taste that good but it sure looks good on the table.  That's also the cheese & crackers.  I always have a good joke to play but this year I couldn't think of anyone to play a joke on so I did the cheese & crackers again.  I think they're now tradition.  I'm not sure Robb enjoys me making fun of him.  Here's the story in case you don't know it... Robb was going to have a business meeting at their house so he asked Marci what kind of snack to have out & she suggested cheese & crackers.  She pictured some fancy assortment of cheese.  Robb went off to the store & when she got home later she saw that he bought the cheap cheese & crackers for his adult quests.  Robb might be fun to make fun of, but I must admit that "man" can make some impressive food!  The fancy bean dip in the corner was his delicious creation!

Greg brought more parachutes.  The kids LOVE Greg!  He's more like a kid & he loves his fireworks.  Lucky for us we get to enjoy his firework show every year.

Ty!!  What a cute kid!  I was happy to see that he enjoyed the firework show this year.  A few years ago he hid inside.  He can't be Greg's kids & not enjoy fireworks. 

We put our tent out & had a sleep over.  I'm thinking this is the beginning of a fun 4th of July tradition.  I slept out there with the kids.  A stupid magpie decided to be our alarm clock before the sun even came up!  Halle is quite a girl!  She snuggled up to me all night.  She might be a little petite girly girl but she does not want to miss out on the fun! 

We got a fire pit & roasted marshmallows.  Keaton was acting suspicious. He had the same mischievous look on his face that he got before he ran away a few months ago, so I should have investigated more when I saw him with "the look".  I later found  him in the dark lighting a lighter.  He is a determined kid & messed around with it until he got it started.  I'm so glad I saw the flicker of fire in the dark.  He got in big trouble & we learned that we can't have lighters anywhere that he can find them.  He's such a good kid but he can be sneaky!

2 comments:

Suzi said...

Yay for Jason coming out of his shell! Love your fire pit and so cool that your whole fam could come party! Also, love your festive jello, you are such the chef! Happy 4th!

Marci said...

Thanks for the cool as heck 4th of July party! You have the ultimate party house. It is always a good time when the family gets together! And I ate every bite of that beautiful and festive jello. It was mighty tasty!