Monday, August 15, 2011

Summer Vacation

I can't believe I forgot my cameras!  I have NO pics or videos to document the FUN we had.  I'll quickly type up what my brain can remember of our week in St. George & Mesquite.  It's so FUN to have my bro. Greg & fam living in St. George now.  They live in the most amazing house.  It's a great party house & they know how to throw amazing parties!  More on that later... We took Tanner with us & left Friday afternoon.  The kids were all great in the car.  My boys were so excited to have Tanner with us!  We arrived pretty late to my parents house to begin our week & a half of fun in the St. George sun. We spent one day/ night just hanging out at my bro's house.  Everyone had lots of fun in their amazing pool, they played video games, watched shows in the theater room & they had a sleepover on the tramp.  Ty came back to my parents house & had a sleepover with Keaton & Kody.  We took Lauren, Maddi & Ty with us to Greg's condo in Mesquite & stayed until Thursday night.  We played in the pool all day every day!  We tried to catch turtles in the pond & just had fun being with Grammy!  I had so much fun spending more time with Maddi & Lauren.  They are the sweetest girls!!!  I'm so glad they don't live clear out in Arizona anymore!  It was my mom's birthday on Friday.  I really sucked at making it a special day for her.  I was so tired & didn't sleep the night before & felt a little sick all day.  She took us to The Pizza Factory for her birthday & paid for us.  I didn't even have her gift ready.  It was her 60th birthday & I really feel bad for not coming up with some grand birthday plan.  I'll have to make it up to her next year!  We played a splash pad park & Camden caught a few lizards.  I'm forgetting lots of details.  Thanks to Grammy & Grandpa for making the week so fun.  The boys all left with lots of fun memories of spending time with family.  It's all about the memories... Right Heather;)?!  Oh & I can't forget to mention Jason.  He stayed home & worked while we were gone.  We got home around 10:00 last night & when we opened the garage he was laying on the ground kicking his legs up like he was excited.  He's CRAZY but the boys thought it was hilarious.  He was instantly attacked by all of them.  He cleaned the garage to perfection while we were gone & cleaned the house.  He also had a gift for all the boys.  Keaton got a nerf bow & arrow.  Kody got a cap gun & Caleb & Camden got bb guns that look like real guns.  I wasn't happy about the bb guns.  They are in a field practicing safety right now.  Jason also had a bubble bath all ready for me.  Did he miss us or what?!  Oh & Lady Elaine was freaking out & made sure to jump & knock us all down with her excitement.  We felt pretty special.  I'm off to finish my mountain of laundry.   

2 comments:

Suzi said...

Glad you guys had such a fun trip! You are one terrible daughter though for not doing anything special for your mom on her 60th birthday, geez! :) That is too cute that Jason was so excited for you guys to be back, love it!

Shanade said...

Sounds fun, well not the mountain of laundry part. :) It's always nice to know how much the hubby missed us when we're gone.