Friday, June 17, 2011

Friend Camp 2011

One day I was talking to my friend about different camps we could sign our kids up for.  I was telling her that I looked into a science camp but it was $150 for each kid & with four kids I just can't afford it.  We decided that we could do our own neighborhood camp & take turns.  I sent out a few emails & lots of moms signed up & now our camp has 22 kids!  It's soooo much fun!  I love doing stuff like this!  Every Friday of summer the little campers meet at a different "camp director"/ mom's house & she puts on her own idea of whatever camp she wants.  This camp is for FUN memories NOT stress.  Camp can be anything the "camp director" feels like doing.  This week our new neighbor Jeni made the cutest camp flag that she actually sewed.  All the kids drew their faces on a square.  I'll get a close up picture of the flag because it's so cute to see the different personalities of the kids.  She also had the kids make duct tape bags!  They are so darn cute!  I keep thinking of more ideas for camp stuff to do but I already had my turn.  Now I get to sit back & relax while everyone else does theirs. 











3 comments:

Suzi said...

You guys have such great ideas! how fun for your kids!

Shanade said...

What a great idea! You'll have to tell me more about this. I would love to do something like this in the winter when we're all trapped inside.

Marci said...

That is the coolest! I looooove how cool the shirts turned out. And those duct tape bags are so awesome! I wish I could join your friend camp!!!