Friday, February 4, 2011

It's cold outside!

It's cold so we've been snacking on Cheetos & sharing them with the neighborhood kids.  I really love this neighborhood.  We are not sure that we want to move anymore.  We went through a little phase last fall where I felt like I wanted to move to the area I grew up in & then we thought about moving to Kamas, but now we are back to not moving.  We are weird!  We are the people that one day don't ever want a dog & then the next day we buy a big, black hairy dog.  I like us & the way we do things.  Life would be boring if it was so predictable & planned.  I'm happy that we are mostly spontaneous with a touch of organization going on.

We've been baking & eating more cookies than is healthy. Caleb needs more fat on his body to keep him warm so it's o.k that he does most of the cookie eating.  The above pictured cookie is actually from Mrs. Fields.  I met my BFFs @ South Towne Mall today. Fun little place to play with the kids on a cold day!  Kody terrorized a few kids but I sat away from him & pretended he wasn't mine so I didn't have to deal with it.  Really I did this!  I'm a really good mom!

We've all been playing on the computer, iPad, iTouches & nintendo!  I said I would never ever let my kids play games all day long.  It's so cold outside though!  They still play, read, wrestle & all that good stuff, but games are now a part of the Yancey family!

I've been prepping the office so I can paint it.  Someone is sneaking in the office & pulling off my tape!  If only I could just finish.  It did take me an entire year to finally finish paining the laundry room apple green!  I do love my apple green in the laundry room.  It makes it a happy place for me to be.  I actually don't mind laundry all that much anymore.  OH & I have figured out laundry.  I might have already blogged this but this is what I do... I do NOT pull a load out of the dryer unless I'm ready/ in the mood to fold it & put it all away!  In the past I would do laundry all day & pile it on my bed to only be too tired to put it away at the end of the day, so it would then go on the floor.  It would put me in a depression & then the entire house would fall apart.  Finally I have this figured out!  So simple.  Hallelujah!  Dare I say that laundry is now my friend?!

1 comment:

Marci said...

It would be hard to move away from your great little neighborhood. But we would love it if you moved closer! :) I think you guys would be happy now matter where you moved. You are happy people. I am glad you've figured laundry out. That is a victory for sure!