Wednesday, September 21, 2011

some stuff...

Caleb is not the most social child in the world.  He rarely goes out looking for someone to play with.  He even gets bugged at me when a friend comes to play with him & I let them in without checking with him first.  He's a bit of a loner & he's totally fine with it.  I was opposite of that when I was a kid so it's a little hard for me to understand.  He usually ends up enjoying friends coming over but it takes him a minute to decide he wants to play & have fun.  This is his friend Camryn.  I love the Bird family & apparently Camryn loves Caleb.  They have turned into cute little friends & he's now o.k with playing with her.  Caleb loves to cook.  They made a cake & added their own special touch to it by adding large marshmallows.
Is there anything more exciting than the ice cream man (ours is a woman) music getting closer & closer?  They were all surprised when I pulled out some cash & let them all pick one out.  Caleb felt really cool because I let him get a can of coke.  Have I mentioned how much I love our neighborhood & all the fun kids?  It reminds me so much of the awesome neighborhood I grew up in. 






 I'm still adjusting to our new schedule since school started.  Keaton is in AM Kinderarten & Kody is in preschool three days a week.  We miss Caleb & Camden half the day, but I really enjoy just hanging out with these two little buddies.  Kody suddenly seems so old to me.  The other day he got so mad at Jason that he grabbed his own cheeks & started squeezing them & yelled "You're ruining my life"!!  What?  He's only 3 (almost 4).  I thought kids only said stuff like that when they were teenagers.  He is still very stubborn but he is maturing & is much easier to deal with.  He's a little lover boy.
Keaton was getting in a little bit of trouble at school.  He's doing better now but I was a little worried at first that his teacher didn't like him or me.  I'm o.k with her now.  She just has a very anal/ ocd personality & apparently a person like me & a person like that will most likely not really enjoy each others company.  I'm determined to like her though so I'm volunteering in the class & it's working because she is a really good teacher & Keaton likes her a lot.  Anyway, back to Keaton & his trouble... He almost got an off course ticket for not keeping his hands to himself.  His teacher said he was "karate chopping", hitting & pinching.  He told me he was just play wrestling & karate chopping, but these other kids aren't use to a kid that has two older brothers.  Keaton is tough.  He had to miss art class though because he made a kid bleed when he pinched him.  The kid was not following the rules & was throwing all the balls off a cart when he wasn't suppose to & he wouldn't stop so Keaton decided physical force was necessary.  He's still having a hard time understanding why he should walk away & tell the teacher, instead of disciplining kids.  I told him not to do it anymore & he got this weird attitude & said "maybe I will & maybe I won't".  This week has been much better!  I never expected to have problems with Keaton.  He's such a sweetheart.  I think he was just having a hard time adjusting to school every day.  



1 comment:

Suzi said...

Could they seriously be any cuter??? So cool to have such a fun neighborhood too! Glad Keaton is doing better this week. Ander is doing better as well. Hope Jason doesn't ruin Kody's life. LOL